Friday, March 25, 2011

Food Allergies

I am going to try again to be a blogger, and this time I am going to focus on the subject of cooking for my kid with food allergies. Here is a current list of all foods that Titus is enough allergic to that they are prohibited from his diet:
  • Cow's Milk
  • Eggs
  • Peanuts
  • Wheat
  • Barley
  • Oats
  • Corn
  • Beef
Some other foods that I have to be cautious of:
  • Bananas - seriously allergic
  • Citrus - somewhat allergic
  • Other fruit - a bunch will cause a break out
  • Rye - have not tried as everything else on the gluten list is prohibited
When Titus has an allergic reaction his skin breaks out into itchy oozy eczema, but we have some freedom because he has never had any trouble with his breathing. The only food that has caused vomiting is bananas. So that is where we are now. As I have time I will try to answer some of the more common questions about how we got here, and what I am currently doing, but mostly I hope to write about the results of what new foods we are trying. Cheers!

1 comment:

  1. Looking forward to reading your blogs. None of us have food allergies, but I find it fascinating. I can't imagine dealing with food allergies like this. It's a good thing Titus has such a great mommy to research and stay on top of things!

    ReplyDelete

About Me

Hesitant to post personal information on the web.